Friday, September 3, 2010

Glitter Here, Glitter There, Glitter Everywhere!!!

Good morning everyone.  Today I am playing along with the Friday challenge over at JustRite.  As you can tell by the heading of my post it has something to do with Glitter.  We all love glitter and bling!  As I was searching for an idea for my project I spotted a plain white candle just sitting there saying "Use Me".  So that is what I did.

I applied decoupage finish onto the candle with a brush and then sprinkled purple glitter onto it.  As I was waiting for that to dry I stamped my monogram.  I used the Curlz 95 point font (JustRite) along with a   2" Decorative Round Border (JustRite).  Each were stamped with Memento Grape Jelly.  Then I diecut the monogram as well as the border with Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Circles.  The other 2 mats were diecut with Spellbinders Labels 9.  And to keep with the glitter theme, I also added glitter to these.

To create my candle base, I used the Spellbinders Big Scallop Circles and added MORE glitter.  I knew that I needed to add ribbon but I didn't have any color except for white.  So what should I do??  I grabbed my yellow Copic marker and colored the ribbon.

There you have it - a BLAH white candle transformed into a beautiful colorful candle.  Of course, this will just be for decoration.  I don't think the glitter would burn very well.

Head on over to the JustRite blog and give the challenge a try.  You could win a gift certificate to buy MORE of your favorite JustRite Stamps.

Thanks for stopping in for a visit today.  Have a great weekend.

Supplies:

Stamps:  JustRite Stampers - Curlz 95 point font, 2" Decorative Round Borders, 2" Clear Round Stamper

InkMemento Grape Jelly, Copic Marker (Y04)

Accessories:  Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 9, Classic Circles, Big Scallop Circles, Art Institute Ultra Fine Crystal Glitter, Martha Stewart Charoite Glitter, Royal Coat Decoupage Finish, ribbon

1 comment:

Marge said...

What a great idea to personalize a candle for a special place in your house!