Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Finnish Star

Good morning everyone.  Today I have a beautiful Finnish Star to share with you.  These are very easy to make and are a really nice home decor piece.  My mom found the instructions for these on the internet.  I used paper from Me & My Big Ideas as well as Murdock Country Creations Polished Stone.  I like to make my paper double-sided for a prettier design look as well as strength.

This particular Finnish star is ALL pink because I made it for my grandmothers birthday that is September 5.  Her favorite color is pink.  I also chose a beautiful Hummingbird from the JustRite Backyard Birds stamp set as my focal point.

My grandfather passed away in 2006.  He always had a flower hanging just outside his window where he could watch the Hummingbirds come.  When I saw this stamp, I automatically thought of him.  Now my grandmother continues to hang a flower outside that same window and watches the Hummingbirds come.


I colored the image with Copics, diecut with Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Circles (a perfect match!) and matted it onto a green mat diecut with Spellbinders Petite Scallop Circles.  The yellow accent behind the main image was diecut with the Spellbinders Fancy Tags.

Here is a closer look at the beautiful Hummingbird!!


And this is a look at this beautiful stamp set.  A "MUST HAVE"!!!!
Thanks for stopping in for a visit today.  Have a great day!!

Supplies:

Stamps:  JustRite Stampers - Backyard Birds, 3 1/4" Round Stamper

Paper:  Murdock Country Creations Cranberry Polished Stone, Me & My Big Ideas

Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers (R81, RV32, RV34, E13, E29, Y0000, G24, G12)

Accessories:  Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Circles, Petite Scallop Circles, Fancy Tags, Kaiser pearls, Pebbles Inc chalk, eyelet, sheer ribbon

1 comment:

Amy Sheffer said...

What a great project, Angela! TFS!