Monday, August 23, 2010

B * I * N * G * 0

Good morning everyone.  Before I discuss my project for today, I have a few announcements.  First, the JustRite Blog will be introducing some new stamps on their site this week along with the designers.  Today will be "Backyard Birds".  This set is adorable!!!  Tuesday will be "Nature's Nested Sentiments" and Wednesday will be the new font called "Myraid Pro".  Be sure to check out all of the great projects.  I will have one Tuesday and Wednesday.

The second announcement that I have to share is that JustRite is now carrying COPIC MARKERS!!!  How cool is that.  Stamps, ink pads, and Copics all in one stop shopping!!!  Be sure to stop over and check it out.

Today I have a project that took me FOREVER to create!!  I had this idea in my head but once I started I began doubting that I really wanted to do it.  I thought that the cute Christmas centers in the "From Our House" and "Hearts Come Home" sets would be great for the Bingo squares.  The hardest part was making sure that 2 of the same shapes weren't next to each other.


All of the images are stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black except for the snowflakes which were stamped with Memento Danube Blue.  (Reminder that you can now purchase all Memento Ink colors on the JustRite website).  Once stamped, I colored each image with Copics and punched out with a square punch.  The outer edges of each image was colored with Copics - alternating between red & green.

To create the word "BINGO", I used the 95 point Times Roman Font and alternated between Memento Lady Bug and Memento Cottage Ivy.  The border around each letter is from the "Holiday Cheer" stamp set.

Below are photos which show a closer view of the images.


For my center square, I chose the center "Have A Merry Christmas" stamped in Memento Lady Bug, then using the new font set called "Myraid Pro 50 point" I stamped the word "Free" onto acetate and then adhered it on top of my stamped image.

For Santa's hat brim and pom pom, I used Polymark White Sparkling Dimensional Paint.  For the snowflakes I used blue Stickles to add some bling.

Below is a look at 2 of the stamp sets that I used for my project:






This was a really fun project to make, however I don't think that I will be making anymore of these BINGO cards. Way too much work!!!


Thanks for stopping in for a visit today. Have a wonderful day!!!

Supplies:

Stamps: JustRite Stampers: Hearts Come Home, From Our House, Myraid Pro font, Holiday Cheer,   Times Roman Font,  1 3/16" round stamper, 2" square stamper

Paper: Core'dinations

Ink: Memento Lady Bug, Tuxedo Black, Danube Blue, Cottage Ivy - Copic Markers (E29, R29, G17, G02, C3, E99, R27, E01, Y17, R39, Y19, E11, E13, B02, B00, RV34, G24, G12, R05)

Accessories: Stickles (Yellow, Green, Blue), Polymark White Sparkling Dimensional Paint

1 comment:

Marge said...

WOW, a challenge for sure! Maybe just use this one as a card for someone you know who loves Bingo?