Monday, June 28, 2010

JustRite Challenge - Red, White, and Blue

Good morning everyone! I actually have a project to share with you this morning.  I am still very busy loading the JustRite gallery.  This gallery is FILLED with some amazing projects.  Be sure to check it out here.  Since I am still loading the gallery be sure to check it often to see new entries.

Today I am playing along with the JustRite Friday challenge which happened to be  a sketch challenge along with a color challenge.  The color challenge was to use red, white, and blue in honor of the Fourth of July which is coming right up.  I'm thinking that I am going to use my "card" as a title for a scrapbook page. 


To create my sentiment, I chose the 15 point Times Roman Font.  It is stamped with Memento Lady Bug.  The first border is from the "Calendar" stamp set, stamped with Memento Danube Blue.  The next border is from the "Breath Of Spring" set, stamped with Memento Lady Bug.  Each layer is diecut with Spellbinders Classic Ovals and Classic Scallop Ovals.

The stars were created using the Cuttlebug Stars embossing folder, then I added Crystal Stickles to the depressed section of the stars.  Below my sentiment I used the Cuttlebug Distressed Stripes embossing folder. 


 Be sure to give the JustRite weekly challenges a try.  You could be the winner of a JustRite Gift Certificate.  Also be sure to order your copy of the brand new JustRite Catalog.  This catalog is plum full of inspiration.  The entire design team created lots and lots of projects using all of the great stamp sets.  You can order your copy by clicking here.

Thanks for stopping in for a visit today.  Be sure to stop in tomorrow because I have another great project to share with you.

Supplies:

Paper:  Worldwin

Ink:  Memento Lady Bug, Memento Danube Blue

Accessories:  Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Ovals, Classic Scallop Ovals, Cuttlebug Stars embossing folder,  Cuttlebug Distressed Stripes embossing folder, Crystal Stickles


2 comments:

Marge said...

Love your use of the 2 different borders & those stars are fabulous!!! Need to see what I can come up with for the challenge, as I haven't won any oval sets yet -- LOL! The gallery is very nice; can only imagine the work involved!

Mary Jo said...

very pretty card