Monday, March 29, 2010

Beauty Box

Good morning everyone!!  I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and that you were able to recooperate from the JustRite Mega Hop from last week.  I still can't believe the amount of talent that was seen during those 3 days.  If you happened to miss it (you must have been on a different planet **LOL**) you can still see the incredible project by going to the JustRite Blog.  They have the links on the sidebar of the blog.

For my project today, I made this cute little box using paper from the DCWV Linen Closet Stack.  I found a great tutorial at the Whiff Of Joy blog.   I changed it up a bit by using ribbon as my lid attachment.  I think it makes for a smoother opening. 
For the inside of my box I decided to finish it off by adding more printed paper to the bottom.  I also added strips of blue cardstock to each side to cover up the brads. 



I also finally got my sewing machine out and did some stitching on my project!!! I stitched around the side panels and along the cover edges.  Along the top edges of the box, I added this cute blue/white lace.  To mat my top sentiment, I added 2 rows of this adorable pink lace that I had just sitting around.


For my sentiment, I chose a border and center from the "Joyful Hearts" set by JustRite.  I think this sentiment is perfect for this box.  Below is a photo of the complete "Joyful Hearts" stamp set. 


Now the only thing left to do with my adorable box is to figure out what I am going to do with it.  I may just leave it on my table to look at.  Maybe when my daugher gets a bit older I will give it to her to keep some of her treasures in.  She is not getting it now because it will end up in a pile in the corner of her room!!!

Thanks for stopping in for a visit today.  Be sure to stop by tomorrow for another cute project that I have been working on.

Supplies:

Stamps:  JustRite Stampers - Joyful Hearts Borders & Centers, small oval wood stamper

Paper:  DCWV The Linen Closet stack, DCWV cardstock

Ink:  Memento Rich Cocoa

Accessories:  Spellbinders Ovals & Scallop Ovals, misc ribbon, brads

2 comments:

Edna Morrisedie said...

Nice use of the JR, pretty result in the box!

cricaholic said...

PRETTY...PRETTY.... Love how you decorated it!!