Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Garden Fence

Good morning everyone. Today is another sneak peak at some new release stamps by JustRite coming out January 20. If you love flowers or any form of gardening, you are going to love these new stamp sets.

I saw something similar to this fence once while I was surfing through blogs. It was actually very easy to make. Each fence post is 1" wide. The 2 end posts are 4" tall, the next ones are 4 1/2" tall and the center post is 4 3/4" tall. The 2 horizontal pieces are 1" wide by 5 1/4" long. Each post was embossed using the Cuttlebug Distressed Stripes embossing folder and then sanded. This cardstock has a tan core so sanding really brought out the look of the stripes. To make the fence look even more realistic I added eyelets and hinges (made with my Cricut Expression & Fabulous Finds cartridge).

To dress up my fence, I cut vines and flower pots using my Cricut Expression along with the Walk In My Garden and Paper Dolls Dressup cartridges.


Now the inside of my card took a long time to figure out. I didn't have a clue what I wanted to do.
First, I decided on a sentiment. I used the Tiny Words Borders & Centers set by JustRite. This was stamped onto white & ivory cardstock and colored with Copics.



Next I chose a floral center from the upcoming release set called "My Garden". I stamped the image onto white cardstock and colored it with Copic Markers. The image as well as the mats are diecut using Spellbinders Classic Circles & Scallop Circles Nestabilities.

Below are the images of this gorgeous stamp set. The possibilities are endless with these new releases. The stamp size is also the perfect size for cardmaking as well as scrapbooking. So all of you scrapbookers out there, don't be afraid to purchase the stamps for all of those Spring pages you will be doing shortly.


Be sure to stop by the JustRite blog today for more inspiration from an amazing design team.
These girls are the "top of the line" when it comes to stamping.
Thanks for stopping in for a visit today. Be sure to stop by tomorrow for more projects.
Supplies:
Paper: Core'dinations brown cardstock, misc cardstock
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Memento Bamboo Leaves, Copic Markers (YG95, G24, BV13, BC01, RV19, colorless blender)
Accessories: Spellbinders Classic Circles & Scallop Circles Nestabilities, Cricut Expression, Walk In My Garden cartridge, Paper Dolls Dressup cartridge, Fabulous Finds cartridge, Martha Stewart Garden Trellis border punch, Polymark medium brown dimensional paint, EK Success butterfly punch

3 comments:

Kathy Jones said...

I love your fence!!! What a clever idea!!! Beautifully coloured Morning Glory too!!!! :)

Kathy said...

Awesome! I love the fence! Must give it a try!! ~KW

Christy Farneth-Kerr said...

I just love your fence card :)