Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Daffodils

Good Morning everyone. Today I am making a "sunny" card because here in Maine it has been snowing **again**. I needed a project to brighten my day.



I began by stamping daffodils from a new set being released by JustRite Stampers on February 7, 2010. It is called "Breath Of Spring" which is what I need right now as I look outside at the snow that needs to be shoveled. I colored the flowers using my Copics.

I diecut each layer using Spellbinders Classic Ovals & Scallop Oval Nestabilities. Each layer has popdots between to give lots of dimension. It almost looks like you are seeing the daffodils through a window. I used the Martha Stewart Loops border punch to create a "frame" for my image.

The photo below shows how much dimension my card has.


That's it for today. Thanks for stopping in for a visit. I hope everyone enjoys your day.

Supplies:

Stamps: JustRite Stampers - Breath Of Spring Centers & Borders, 2 1/4" x 3 1/16" wood stamper

Paper: Worldwin

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Rich Cocoa, Copic Markers (Y17, YR04, Y19, Y08, G05, G29, E29, E99)

Accessories: Spellbinders Classic Oval & Scallop Oval nestabilities, Martha Stewart Loops border punch, ribbon, popdots, Cuttlebug Swirls embossing folder

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Is the border punch the same one you used on the thank you card or is it bigger? ~KW

Unknown said...

Kathy, it is the same border punch. I just made a rectangle and then cut out the middle