Saturday, November 14, 2009

Wedding Favor



Good Morning Everyone. The weekend is finally here!!! Today is going to be a trying day. We are taking our 9 year old daughter to get her H1N1 flu shot today. I'm not sure who is more nervous - her or me. I'm sure everything will go fine and then I will feel much better knowing that she has been vaccinated.

Today I am playing along with Sharon Johnson's challenge which is to make a matchbook. I think the only "rule" that I broke was to make it simple. I have a really hard time doing "simple" things. You can check out the details here. I made this matchbook to be used as a wedding favor at the wedding reception for the guests to take home with them. I used purple and green because these are the same colors that I had at my wedding 12 years ago.



My matchbook measures 4" wide by 9" long and is scored at 3 3/4", 4", & 7 3/4". I used the Martha Stewart Arch Lattice border punch to place at the bottom portion of my matchbook.


All of my stamps are from JustRite Stampers. I wish that I would have had these stamps when I got married. I made all of my own wedding favors and table decorations. These stamps would have made it soooo much easier.


These stamps are from the Wedding Stamp Ensemble and diecut with Spellbinders Nestabilities. My married name was stamped using the Curlz Font Ensemble also from JustRite Stampers.



On the inside, I decided to make a magnet that wedding guests could have as a keepsake. The stamped image is from the new 2" Square Decorative Frame Borders from JustRite Stampers coming out next week. These new sets are soo awesome!!!
Also, be sure to check out the blog hop that is going on with the JustRite Stampers Design Team happening on November 17th. They will all be using these new stamps. I am sure that their projects are going to be amazing (as usual).

Thanks for stopping in for a visit today. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!

Supplies:


Paper: Worldwin

Ink: Versamagic Purple Hydrangea

Accessories: Spellbinders - Classic Circle & Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Labels One, Classic Squares, Double Ended Tags, Labels Trio, Martha Stewart Arch Lattice border punch, Kaiser rhinestones, misc ribbon, pop dots, SU corner rounder, magnet

No comments: