Monday, November 23, 2009

Christmas Stocking

Happy Monday morning everyone. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. This week is going to be very busy for me. I will be having Thanksgiving Dinner at my house this week. Lots of cleaning and organizing to do.

But I did have time to play along with the Technique challenge on Splitcoaststampers today. These little gift card holders are sooo cute!! I give a few gift cards at Christmas but always am a little torn about how to present them. I would prefer to actually buy a gift because it seems more personal but some people are very difficult to buy for. So now I can make these cute holders and personalize them for my family.

And what better way to personalize these than with my JustRite Stamps!!! For these I chose one of my favorite font sets - the Curlz Font in 50 point. Then I diecut it using the Spellbinders Double ended tags.


The bottom portion of my stocking is embossed using the Cuttlebug Snowflakes embossing folder. I was going to stitch around the toe and heel, however when I pulled out my mini sewing machine it decided that it did not want to work!!! I have only used it ONCE!!! And of course I don't have the box or receipt to return it. Oh well, lesson learned. I dug through some of my rick rack stash and found some green that worked well.
That's it. Very simple yet personal. Thanks for stopping in for a visit today.
Supplies:
Stamps: JustRite Stampers - Curlz Font Ensemble
Paper: DCWV Christmas Stack, Worldwin
Ink: Memories Cherry Red
Accessories: Spellbinders Double Ended Tags, Cuttlebug Snowflakes embossing folder, red Stickles, rick rack

No comments: