Thursday, October 15, 2009

Happy Birthday to my Husband


My card today is a card that I made for my husband's birthday. His birthday is not until November but I am not known for waiting until the last minute to get things done :) Him and I are so opposite when it comes to getting things done in a timely fashion. I am more of a "get there 10 minutes early" and he is "get there at exactly the right time". It has caused some "discussion" in our marriage.

I am following the sketch from Splitcoaststampers on Wednesday. I rarely do masculine cards simply because I don't give a lot of cards to men. I actually never even think to make cards for the men in my family. When I give them a gift, I usually hand deliver it so they know that it is from me which doesn't require a card (strange thinking on my part, right??)

Anyway, for this card I chose a theme and colors that my husband loves. He is a huge hunter. Doesn't matter the season, he loves to hunt. His favorite color is hunter green. My card base measures 9" x 4 1/2". The border punch is the Fiskars Rope border punch. The brown mat is embossed using the Cuttlebug Forest Branches embossing folder. My stamped images are from the clear gift tag stamp set by Martha Stewart. I stamped "I LOVE YOU" using the Times Roman 25 point font set by JustRite Stampers and diecut it using the Spellbinders Double Ended Tags.

Thanks for stopping in for a visit today. Enjoy the rest of your day and hopefully you will find time to be creative.

Supplies:
Stamps: JustRite Stampers - Times Roman 25 point font, MS Clear Gift Tag Stamps

Paper: Worldwin

Ink: Brilliance Pearlescent Ivy, Versamagic Jumbo Java

Accessories: Spellbinders Double Ended Tags, Fiskars Rope Border punch, brads, Cuttlebug Forest Branches embossing folder

No comments: