Friday, October 2, 2009

Buddy


My card today was made for a sad occasion. Last Friday my husband had to make a very hard decision. He had to take our dog Buddy to the vet and have him put to sleep. Buddy was 14 years old. We knew that it was coming but it was still a very difficult day. We knew that Buddy was not going to make it through the cold winter.

Buddy had a very good life. We got him when he was just a puppy. My husband was especially close to Buddy because they were hunting buddies. This time of the year was an exciting time for both of them. They would spend hours and hours bird hunting. Buddy knew when it was hunting time. He would become so excited when the leaves started changing colors and the weather got colder. He knew it was time when he heard my husband get his bell and hunting vest.


My card today will be used on my scrapbook page along with this favorite photo of Buddy. We called him "Smiling Buddy of The Ridge" because he always seemed to be smiling. He was a very happy dog.

My card also fits into Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply challenge for today. It is almost as though Sharon knew that I needed to do a card to memorialize Buddy. (Thanks for a starting point Sharon)



Also making this card easier to make was my JustRite Stamps. I was able to spell out exactly what I wanted my card to say. I used the Times Roman 15 point & 25 point font on a 2 3/8" wood stamper.

The green background was embossed using the Cuttlebug Forest Branches embossing folder. I thought it fit well into the overall look of my card because Buddy loved to hunt in the woods. This embossing folder makes it look like trees in the background. The fence was created using the Martha Stewart picket fence border punch.

Thanks for listening to my story. Our family realizes that Buddy is in a better place now and is not in anymore pain.

Supplies:

Stamps: JustRite Stampers - Times Roman Font 15 point & 25 point, 2 3/8" wood stamper

Ink: Versamagic Hint of Pesto

Accessories: Spellbinders Classic Circle Nestabilities, Martha Stewart picket fence border punch, Cuttlebug Forest Branches embossing folder

2 comments:

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

So sorry for your loss - he looks like a sweetie pie.

Unknown said...

I didn't realize Buddy was that old and having problems! We are also in the same situation with Meesha. We cannot seem to make the decision. Wish someone would make it for us! Sorry for your loss. ~Kathy W