Thursday, August 13, 2009

You're So Sweet

Today I am doing a "two-fer" card - A card that fits into 2 challenges.
The first challenge is on Splitcoaststampers which is to use some form of variegated colors in your card. The trim along the bottom of the card fits the bill.
The second challenge is a sketch challenge on Taylored Expressions blog.



My card measures 5" x 7". The card base is purple cardstock from Worldwin. The second layer is Raspberry Twist polished stone from Murdock Country Creations. The third layer is a light purple cardstock from Worldwin that I embossed using the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder.

Next I cut a strip of pink cardstock and stamped my sentiment on the bottom corner using Versamagic Purple Hydrangea ink. The sentiment is from the Fiskars "Just Between Friends" set. I adhered a narrow purple ribbon along the top edge of the pink cardstock and variegated trim along the bottom edge.

To make my flower focal point, I diecut 2 sizes of Spellbinders Classic Scallop Nestabilities from pink cardstock. Then I cut in-between each "petal" and inked the edges with Versamagic Purple Hydrangea. The center of the flower is a stamp from Autumn Leaves and diecut with Spellbinders Classic Circle Nestabilities. Each layer has several pop dots between to give some dimension to the flower.

To finish off my card, I added some misc paper flowers along the top corner of the main flower. All of the flower centers have Stickles to add some bling.

Thanks for stopping in for a visit today. Check back tomorrow for more projects.


Supplies:

Stamps: Fiskars "Just Between Friends", Autumn Leaves

Paper: Murdock Country Creations Raspberry Twist polished stone, Worldwin cardstock

Ink: Versamagic Purple Hydrangea

Accessories: Spellbinders Classic Circles & Scallop Circle Nestabilities, misc flowers, Stickles (Magenta, Lavender), misc trim, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, pop dots












No comments: