Monday, August 10, 2009

Friends & Happiness




I am back from a wonderful weekend with my family. Friends of ours have a camp on Moosehead Lake in Greenville, Maine. It is very peaceful there, no phones, no tv, no computer, no running water. It is nice but I was happy to come home after 3 days.
Here are a few photos from our weekend:

















Now that I am back home, it is time to play. I am playing along with the "Try A New Technique" on Splitcoaststampers. It is to create a tri-fold Pocket Card. You can get all of the great instructions to make one yourself here.




After I assembled my card it was time to embellish (which happens to be the fun part). I decided to make a belly band for my card. To do this, I cut a piece of my pattered paper 1 1/2" wide by 7" and scored appropriately. Next I used the designer center from the JustRite Stampers new Friendship Set. I colored the image with my Copic markers. Then I diecut the center using the Spellbinders Classic Circles and used Scallop Circles for the mats. Each layer has pop dots between to give lots of dimension. Then I attached it to my belly band. I chalked around the edge and in the center of my stamped image to add more color.



To decorate the card, I randomly stamped a flower from the Autumn Leaves Flower stamp set using Versamagic Pumpkin Spice ink. I added Lavender Stickles to the centers for extra bling.


















The puffy butterflies are leftovers from my stash. I added Tiara Stickles for stringers behind my butterflies.

The corner puffy stickers and puffy heart stickers are also from my stash.


The "Friendship and happiness" on my pockets are also from the Friendship Set by JustRite Stampers. It is a border that I diecut into half circles using my Spellbinders Classic Circle Nestabilities.


This was a fun project to assemble. I'm sure to make more of these in the future.


Thanks for stopping in for a visit today.


Supplies:

Stamps: JustRite Stampers - Friendship set, 3 1/4" wood stamper, Autumn Leaves

Paper: DCWV Posies Glitter Print, Plum cardstock, Worldwin cardstock

Ink: Versamagic Pumpkin Spice, Purple Hydrangea, Copic markers (B02, B14, G24, G07, V17, BV01, Y19)

Accessories: Spellbinders Classic Circles & Scallop Circles Nestabilities, Stickles (Tiara & Lavender), misc ribbon, misc puffy stickers, pop dots, SU Large oval punch, Pebbles, Inc Pearlescent chalk


No comments: