Thursday, August 27, 2009

Black & White Wedding Card

Have you ever started out with a sketch or idea and by the time you were done, it looked NOTHING like what you started with?? That is how today's card came about. I decided that I needed some inspiration so I searched past sketch challenges on Splitcoaststampers. I found this one and liked the way it looked. The longer I played around with my card, the further away I went from the sketch. One word to describe today's card is "Layers". This card has lots and lots of layers. I love the look of black and white especially for wedding cards.

For this card I layered the black and white cardstock and then used the Textile embossing folder to emboss the final white layer. Then I added black/white polka dot ribbon along with bows made from narrow black/white ribbon.

The sentiment is from the Wedding Ensemble by JustRite Stampers. The sentiment was diecut using the Labels One from Spellbinders as was the black & white mats. Each layer of the sentiment has pop dots in between to make the sentiment "pop" off the card. To finish it off, I added black pearls from Kaiser.
A very simple, yet elegant wedding card.

Thanks for stopping in for a visit today.

Next week I have the honor of being a guest blogger on the JustRite Stampers blog. Be sure to check out my projects next week. I think you will find some ideas for gift giving as well as scrapbooking ideas.

Supplies:

Stamps: JustRite Stampers - Wedding Ensemble

Paper: Black & white cardstock

Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black

Accessories: Spellbinders Labels One, Kaiser black pearls, Cuttlebug Textile embossing folder, misc ribbon, pop dots

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great card, love the layering.

Marge said...

Love the black/white; beautiful & elegant! I'm getting a post ready for a black/white card myself!