Thursday, July 30, 2009

Decorative Paper Clips





Today on Splitcoaststampers, the "Ways To Use It" challenge is to incorporate office supplies into your project. Check out the challenge here:

I wasn't sure what I was going to use until I came across these jumbo paperclips that I bought at Wal-mart. I think I only paid .97 for the package of 15. It was one of those purchases that I wasn't sure what I was going to use them for but "needed" to buy them.

For my stamped images, I chose the "Tiny Words" set from JustRite Stampers. These stamps are the perfect size for these paperclips because they only measure 1 3/16".

For each paperclip, the images are stamped twice so that I had a front and back to the paperclip. Here is the breakdown for each paperclip:


"Top Secret" - I stamped the center image onto white cardstock using Versamagic Pumpkin Spice and the border was stamped using Versamagic Jumbo Java. The center was diecut using the 1" SU circle punch. Each additional layer was diecut using Spellbinders Pinking Circles. Adhere all of the layers together. Then I took a 1/2" gluedot and placed it onto the top portion of the paperclip and then adhered the layered images onto the paperclip.


I thought this paperclip would be perfect for the a boy to use it in his "secret" journals. How about for your little girl's diary. Lots of possibilities.


















"Don't Peek" - I stamped the center image onto white cardstock using Brilliance Pearlescent Ivy and the border was stamped using Versamagic Red Magic. The center was diecut using the 1" SU circle punch. The border was diecut using Spellbinders Classic Circles. The red layer was diecut using Spellbinders Labels Two. Attach to the paper clip as described above.



This paperclip is perfect for someone who is reading a book that you "really" want to read but will have to wait for your turn.









"Have Faith" - I stamped the center image onto white cardstock using Versamagic Tea Leaves and the border was stamped using Versamagic Purple Hydrangea. The center was diecut using the 1" SU circle punch. Each additional layer was diecut using Spellbinders Petite Scallop Circles. Attach to the paper clip as described above.



This paperclip would be perfect for a Sunday School teacher to mark those special Bible verses that they want to remember. This would also make the perfect gift for my Grandmother.





The ideas are endless with these paperclips. Perfect things to have on hand for when you need that quick gift.


Thanks for stopping by for a visit today.
Supplies:
Stamps: JustRite Stampers - Tiny Words Borders & Centers
1 3/16" wood stamper
Paper: Worldwin - Crimson Red, Terra-Cotta, Deep Brown, Outdoorsy Olive
Ink: Versamagic Jumbo Java, Pumpkin Spice, Red Magic, Tea Leaves, Purple Hydrangea
Brilliance Pearlescent Ivy
Accessories: Spellbinders Pinking Circles, Classic Circles, Classic Scallop Circles, Labels Two
SU 1" circle punch, Glue dots, pop dots, Jumbo paperclips













No comments: