Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Autumn Blessings Basket


I had the pleasure of being the guest blogger on JustRite Stampers yesterday. Kellie is at the CHA show in Orlando and I am stuck at home. So I have been busy creating projects to post on my new blog.
I made this Autumn Blessings Basket for Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply Challenge . The challenge was to use fruit in your project. I am having so much fun playing along with Sharon's challenges. She really gets me thinking. Thanks Sharon!!


To make this basket, I started with a wonderful template by Lauren Meader called My Timeless Templates Pack a Picnic which can be purchased at Papertrey Ink. All you have to do is download the template and instructions, print them onto cardstock of your choice, cut them out and assemble. The instructions are very easy to follow. Lauren also has a great blog which is full of inspiration. You can find it here.





I made the top rim of the basket by using the Martha Stewart Arch Lattice border punch, Then I cut strips of Kelly Green/Yellow Plaid paper (Hot off the Press) and adhered them to the top and bottom edge of the rim. The green & red apples are cut using my Cricut Expression and the Makin' The Grade cartridge. Each apple is popdotted to give some dimension. I also cut a strip of the Kelly Green/yellow Plaid paper and adhered it to the basket handle.







Next, I chose the apple basket stamp from the new Autumn Blessings Borders & Centers set by JustRite Stampers. This set is full of great colorable images. I am fairly new to this coloring thing (I never was much of a colorer even when I was little). I am beginning to enjoy it though since I purchased some Copic markers. These markers don't leave start/stop lines when you are coloring. I stamped the image onto Neenah white cardstock using Memento Black Tuxedo ink. Then I colored the image with my Copics. I diecut the stamped image using Spellbinders Labels One and diecut a mat from the Kelly Green/Yellow Plaid paper. Each layer has popdots to give some dimension.



To finish off the basket, I cut narrow strips of white cardstock and adhered them to the bottom edges of the basket.


Thanks for stopping by today. Have a great day!!!!


Supplies:


Stamps: JustRite Stampers - Autumn Blessings Borders & Centers,
2 1/4" x 3 1/16" wood stamper

Paper: Hot Off The Press - Kelly Green/Yellow Plaid
Neenah White Cardstock
Worldwin Crimson Red cardstock

Ink: Memento Black Tuxedo
Copic Markers ( Copic Markers (E29,E99,E17,R29,E33,G09,YG17)
Versamagic Red Magic

Accessories: Spellbinders Labels One, Basket Template from My Timeless Templates, MS Arch Lattice border punch, Cricut Expression & Making The Grade cartridge, pop dots

1 comment:

Michele Kovack said...

This is absolutely adorable!!! Love it!